Students achievements rewarded
Honiton Community College students are recognised for their academic and personal achievements.
Honiton Community College students were recognised for their academic achievements and service to the community at a special awards ceremony.
The nominated students from Honiton Community College Michael Turner, Furnay Dowling-Boyce, Kira Foster, Megan Hawkins, Danielle Cranmer, Liam Rutland, Emma de Winton, Rowanne Small and Alix Trevisick and Patrick Feeney were celebrated at the Town Council Awards on Monday night.
Year 11 students Danielle Cranmer and Liam Rutland were praised for their service to the community after coming to the aid of an elderly woman who had fallen down in the town.
They even bought her some flowers the next day to check she was feeling better.
You may also want to watch:
Sixth former Patrick Feeney was also recognised after winning a national photography competition.
They were presented with WH Smith vouchers and certificates by the new mayor, Councillor David Foster.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public