Students achievements rewarded
Honiton Community College students are recognised for their academic and personal achievements.
Honiton Community College students were recognised for their academic achievements and service to the community at a special awards ceremony.
The nominated students from Honiton Community College Michael Turner, Furnay Dowling-Boyce, Kira Foster, Megan Hawkins, Danielle Cranmer, Liam Rutland, Emma de Winton, Rowanne Small and Alix Trevisick and Patrick Feeney were celebrated at the Town Council Awards on Monday night.
Year 11 students Danielle Cranmer and Liam Rutland were praised for their service to the community after coming to the aid of an elderly woman who had fallen down in the town.
They even bought her some flowers the next day to check she was feeling better.
You may also want to watch:
Sixth former Patrick Feeney was also recognised after winning a national photography competition.
They were presented with WH Smith vouchers and certificates by the new mayor, Councillor David Foster.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers