Students achievements rewarded
Honiton Community College students are recognised for their academic and personal achievements.
Honiton Community College students were recognised for their academic achievements and service to the community at a special awards ceremony.
The nominated students from Honiton Community College Michael Turner, Furnay Dowling-Boyce, Kira Foster, Megan Hawkins, Danielle Cranmer, Liam Rutland, Emma de Winton, Rowanne Small and Alix Trevisick and Patrick Feeney were celebrated at the Town Council Awards on Monday night.
Year 11 students Danielle Cranmer and Liam Rutland were praised for their service to the community after coming to the aid of an elderly woman who had fallen down in the town.
They even bought her some flowers the next day to check she was feeling better.
You may also want to watch:
Sixth former Patrick Feeney was also recognised after winning a national photography competition.
They were presented with WH Smith vouchers and certificates by the new mayor, Councillor David Foster.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax