Success for Honiton Writers' Circle members
The efforts of four talented Honiton Writers Circle members will be rewarded in the next few weeks with the publication of their books.
The efforts of four talented Honiton Writers Circle members will be rewarded in the next few weeks with the publication of their books. For three of them, well known local thespian Jan Guscott, retired local minister Merfyn Temple and Writers Circle co-ordinator Don Jones it will be their first book.
Sallyann Sheridan who is a writing tutor and novelist is already a published author. Her latest book 'If Wishes Were Horses' is an exciting novel set in South West England, mainly on the Jurassic Coast. It will be launched on the afternoon of 20th September at the Bay Hotel in Lyme Regis; The Bay Hotel is mentioned in Sallyann's imaginative story.
Jan Guscott's book 'An Uplifting Experience' is an honest but humorous account of her fight against breast cancer. The book is expected to be launched later this month and Jan is donating a percentage of her sales to Cancer Research UK. Reviewing the book Hospicecare said "It will prove an inspiration to all who read it".
Merfyn Temple, a retired minister will be publishing 'Zambia Stole My Heart', the first volume of memoirs about his life and 30 years as a missionary in Zambia. Although he will be 90 this year, Merfyn is still an active campaigner for human rights. Only a few years ago he was thrown into one of Mugabe's jails for daring to criticise the regime in Zimbabwe.
You may also want to watch:
Don Jones's collection of well illustrated, humorous, children's stories is being published shortly by Pen Press. Most of the stories were written by Don when he was a reading assistant at a village school in the Midlands, often from the children's own ideas. He has also written stories for his granddaughter's school in New Jersey.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 William conquers 200 books
- 4 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 5 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 6 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 7 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 8 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local