Success for new ice rink in Honiton
The coolest new attraction to hit Honiton opens its doors.
VISITORS of all ages were getting their skates on to try out the coolest new attraction to open its doors in Honiton.
The indoor ice rink at Turks Head Lodge was unveiled on Saturday to the delight of staff who have been working hard to get the attraction ready.
Pippa Westall, from Turks Head Lodge, said: “It is a relief to have it up and running.
“It has been quite hard work to try and get everything ready.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased with how it went. The carvery was extremely busy and we had people skating as well, which is what we are aiming to do.
“We are absolutely delighted and it is a very positive start.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The synthetic ice rink, provided by Ice-y Blue 700, is made from plastic which is covered in a specialist coating allowing for year-round ice skating.
Jordan Cole, from Chard, who tested his skills on the ice, said: “The ice rink is really fun and I will come again.”
Julie Yendall, from Chard, added: “The ice rink is nice and near to us and it is just a good family day out.”
Turks Head Lodge already has extra bookings after launching and hopes the success continues.
During the Easter holidays, the rink will be open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 7pm, and on Sunday from 9am to 7pm.