Success for new ice rink in Honiton
The coolest new attraction to hit Honiton opens its doors.
VISITORS of all ages were getting their skates on to try out the coolest new attraction to open its doors in Honiton.
The indoor ice rink at Turks Head Lodge was unveiled on Saturday to the delight of staff who have been working hard to get the attraction ready.
Pippa Westall, from Turks Head Lodge, said: “It is a relief to have it up and running.
“It has been quite hard work to try and get everything ready.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased with how it went. The carvery was extremely busy and we had people skating as well, which is what we are aiming to do.
“We are absolutely delighted and it is a very positive start.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
The synthetic ice rink, provided by Ice-y Blue 700, is made from plastic which is covered in a specialist coating allowing for year-round ice skating.
Jordan Cole, from Chard, who tested his skills on the ice, said: “The ice rink is really fun and I will come again.”
Julie Yendall, from Chard, added: “The ice rink is nice and near to us and it is just a good family day out.”
Turks Head Lodge already has extra bookings after launching and hopes the success continues.
During the Easter holidays, the rink will be open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 7pm, and on Sunday from 9am to 7pm.