Successful carnival season for Colyton
Colyton Carnival Committee shows its support for groups and organisations in the community.
Colyton Carnival Committee has shared its success with groups and organisations in the community after enjoying a bumper season.
The success was toasted with the presentation of cheques totalling �3,971.
Carnival Queen Tia Webber and Princess Tessa Collier were on hand to give out the cash donations to groups, including the Scouts, Guides and Brownies, as well as St John Ambulance, the Nunsford Nutters Carnival Club, and the Women’s Institute.
The committee enjoyed a profitable carnival week last year, raising more than �8,000.
They hosted the second carnival on the East Devon illuminated circuit and escaped heavy rain, despite looming clouds.
Cash was shared out during a presentation night, staged in the town hall last week.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 5 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 6 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 7 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 8 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 9 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
- 10 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote