Successful carnival season for Colyton
Colyton Carnival Committee shows its support for groups and organisations in the community.
Colyton Carnival Committee has shared its success with groups and organisations in the community after enjoying a bumper season.
The success was toasted with the presentation of cheques totalling �3,971.
Carnival Queen Tia Webber and Princess Tessa Collier were on hand to give out the cash donations to groups, including the Scouts, Guides and Brownies, as well as St John Ambulance, the Nunsford Nutters Carnival Club, and the Women’s Institute.
The committee enjoyed a profitable carnival week last year, raising more than �8,000.
You may also want to watch:
They hosted the second carnival on the East Devon illuminated circuit and escaped heavy rain, despite looming clouds.
Cash was shared out during a presentation night, staged in the town hall last week.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Runner-up spot for Honiton team