Carers take a trip to Seaton Wetlands
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Carers Support Group enjoyed a guided walk around Seaton Wetlands on Wednesday (July 31).
The trip was funded by the Dragons Den Grant which the carers group secured earlier this year.
The trip was funded by a Honiton Dragons' Den grant which the carers group secured earlier this year.
Their guide at the nature reserve was Will Jones, from East Devon District Council, who explained how the Wetlands originated and how it is managed in general.
Members visited two different view points and saw several different species of birds.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Carers Support Group meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month. Their next meeting is on Wednesday, August 14, at the Methodist Church from 2pm to 5pm when Jean Donald will be organising an arts and crafts session.
The meeting has been extended to allow for a visit from the East Devon District Council scrutiny committee chairman Councillor Claire Wright.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Have your say on future development of village
- 4 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 9 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 10 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
All carers are welcome. For further information contact Winnie Cameron on 07974 636926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org