Support needed for car club
A co-operative car club is looking to generate support for a ‘pay as you go’ motoring service, which could be rolled out across towns in East Devon.
SUPPORT is needed to secure a bid for funding to set up a car club in town’s across East Devon, including Honiton and Axminster.
Co-operative car club, Co-Cars, are looking to gather support from businesses and individuals in the district to set up the clubs.
The director of Co-Cars Alistair Mumford said: “Car clubs are a great way for people to save money on transportation and also do there bit for the environment.
“However, financial support is essential to getting them off the ground and your support could help ensure this.”
You may also want to watch:
The club currently runs seven cars in Exeter, Topsham and Taunton.
Mr Mumford added: “People who want to get rid of a second car, who only need a car occasionally or businesses who can’t afford a pool car can all benefit from membership by reducing costs.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“Car clubs also have the added benefit of reducing overall car usage, reducing carbon emissions and congestion.”
The cars are maintained and fuelled by the club with members offered a ‘pay as you go’ motoring service, paying per mile and hour.
Servicing, insurance, tax and fuel costs are also covered by the club.
Mr Mumford said: “The club enables domestic and business users to have access to a car without the costs of ownership.”
Declarations of support must be received before Monday, January 17 when a funding application will be sent away.
He added: “These statements of support will help us to access the funding which is vital to getting car clubs off the ground.”
To pledge your support email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, postcode, email and an optional statement of support.
For more information visit www.co-cars.co.uk or call 0845 345 2544.