Support needed for car club
A co-operative car club is looking to generate support for a ‘pay as you go’ motoring service, which could be rolled out across towns in East Devon.
SUPPORT is needed to secure a bid for funding to set up a car club in town’s across East Devon, including Honiton and Axminster.
Co-operative car club, Co-Cars, are looking to gather support from businesses and individuals in the district to set up the clubs.
The director of Co-Cars Alistair Mumford said: “Car clubs are a great way for people to save money on transportation and also do there bit for the environment.
“However, financial support is essential to getting them off the ground and your support could help ensure this.”
The club currently runs seven cars in Exeter, Topsham and Taunton.
Mr Mumford added: “People who want to get rid of a second car, who only need a car occasionally or businesses who can’t afford a pool car can all benefit from membership by reducing costs.
- 1 Students at Colyton Grammar get A-level exam results
- 2 A-Level results 2022: Honiton students achieve 'amazing' higher average point score
- 3 Exeter College bucks national trend with 'best ever A level results'
- 4 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 5 Artist gets work displayed at Seaton Medical Practice
- 6 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 7 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 8 Lyme Regis RNLI searches for 'two overdue walkers'
- 9 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 10 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
“Car clubs also have the added benefit of reducing overall car usage, reducing carbon emissions and congestion.”
The cars are maintained and fuelled by the club with members offered a ‘pay as you go’ motoring service, paying per mile and hour.
Servicing, insurance, tax and fuel costs are also covered by the club.
Mr Mumford said: “The club enables domestic and business users to have access to a car without the costs of ownership.”
Declarations of support must be received before Monday, January 17 when a funding application will be sent away.
He added: “These statements of support will help us to access the funding which is vital to getting car clubs off the ground.”
To pledge your support email email@example.com with your name, postcode, email and an optional statement of support.
For more information visit www.co-cars.co.uk or call 0845 345 2544.