Supporting a unitary Devon
I was amused to see your piece Call for action to stop unitary disaster on the same page as a piece about the shameful failure of our council to grit, salt or clear any of their car parks.
I was amused to see your piece Call for action to stop unitary 'disaster' on the same page as a piece about the shameful failure of our council to grit, salt or clear any of their car parks.
As I write this (on January 14) our rubbish has still not been removed since before Christmas.
East Devon seem to have taken no action at all to alleviate the effects of the snow and ice in the streets of Ottery St Mary.
My expectations of the efficacy of EDDC have always been low, but this time even I have been disappointed.
If the council were to spend as much time listening to, and providing services for, the council tax payers as they do protecting their little empire, then we might have good reason for paying our council tax bills.
I shall certainly take Mrs Randall Johnson's advice by contacting the Boundary Commission, but I shall be urging them to hasten the dissolution of East Devon District Council and transfer of their powers and responsibilities to local town councils and Devon County Council as soon as possible.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 5 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 8 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 9 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 10 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
Ottery St Mary