Supporting a unitary Devon
I was amused to see your piece Call for action to stop unitary disaster on the same page as a piece about the shameful failure of our council to grit, salt or clear any of their car parks.
I was amused to see your piece Call for action to stop unitary 'disaster' on the same page as a piece about the shameful failure of our council to grit, salt or clear any of their car parks.
As I write this (on January 14) our rubbish has still not been removed since before Christmas.
East Devon seem to have taken no action at all to alleviate the effects of the snow and ice in the streets of Ottery St Mary.
My expectations of the efficacy of EDDC have always been low, but this time even I have been disappointed.
You may also want to watch:
If the council were to spend as much time listening to, and providing services for, the council tax payers as they do protecting their little empire, then we might have good reason for paying our council tax bills.
I shall certainly take Mrs Randall Johnson's advice by contacting the Boundary Commission, but I shall be urging them to hasten the dissolution of East Devon District Council and transfer of their powers and responsibilities to local town councils and Devon County Council as soon as possible.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
Ottery St Mary