Suspected thieves arrested after Lyme police chase
Officer finds youths hiding in garden at Dolphin Close
A POLICE officer chased youths at Lyme Regis who were seen throwing leaflets around on Sunday night.
They had also been reported banging on windows in Coombe Street.
After a chase on foot, PCSO Luke White located them hiding in a garden in Dolphin Close.
The following day, two of them, a 17 year-old male and a 14-year-old girl, were arrested on suspicion of theft in relation to shoplifting on June 20 at a Lyme Regis store. The stolen property was located at the address where they were staying.
You may also want to watch:
They also admitted to banging on windows and doors in Sherborne Lane.
Following interview, the two returned to their home town of Birmingham.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Police say two other local youths have also been spoken to in relation to the same anti-social behaviour and enquiries are on going.