Suspended jail sentence for carer who stole from 90-year-old
Victim’s family installed covert camera which caught Rosalind Caroline Reed stealing cash from a chest of drawers.
A Honiton home care worker has today (Monday) been given a suspended prison sentence after admitting two charges of theft while in a position of trust.
A CCTV camera installed by the victim’s family captured Rosalind Caroline Reed stealing cash from a 90-year-old pensioner she was paid to care for.
Reed, 43, of Roundball Close, wept in the dock when she admitted stealing from the vulnerable pensioner.
The court heard she stole �260, which she spent on snacks, candles and clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Full story in this week’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents