Suzanne Dando takes The Baton
Symbol of Honiton charity to accompany Olympic gymnast on epic trail.
PART of Honiton travelled to the Tower of London to be collected by British Olympic gymnast Suzanne Dando.
The Baton, a symbol of a Honiton-based charity that aims to boost support for British service personnel, is being carried by Miss Dando during a remembrance expedition in aid of the Royal British Legion.
The expedition will follow the route of World War Two heroine Nancy Wake, now 98, who became the Gestapo’s ‘most wanted’ when she escaped, after a sixth attempt, over the Pyrenees.
She went on to become a secret service agent, helping thousands of servicemen escape occupied territories.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Rowe MBE, of Honiton, who founded The Baton charity, passed The Baton to Miss Dando and her team of remarkable women in London.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 7 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 8 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun