Suzanne Dando takes The Baton
Symbol of Honiton charity to accompany Olympic gymnast on epic trail.
PART of Honiton travelled to the Tower of London to be collected by British Olympic gymnast Suzanne Dando.
The Baton, a symbol of a Honiton-based charity that aims to boost support for British service personnel, is being carried by Miss Dando during a remembrance expedition in aid of the Royal British Legion.
The expedition will follow the route of World War Two heroine Nancy Wake, now 98, who became the Gestapo’s ‘most wanted’ when she escaped, after a sixth attempt, over the Pyrenees.
She went on to become a secret service agent, helping thousands of servicemen escape occupied territories.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Rowe MBE, of Honiton, who founded The Baton charity, passed The Baton to Miss Dando and her team of remarkable women in London.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners