Suzanne Dando takes The Baton
Symbol of Honiton charity to accompany Olympic gymnast on epic trail.
PART of Honiton travelled to the Tower of London to be collected by British Olympic gymnast Suzanne Dando.
The Baton, a symbol of a Honiton-based charity that aims to boost support for British service personnel, is being carried by Miss Dando during a remembrance expedition in aid of the Royal British Legion.
The expedition will follow the route of World War Two heroine Nancy Wake, now 98, who became the Gestapo’s ‘most wanted’ when she escaped, after a sixth attempt, over the Pyrenees.
She went on to become a secret service agent, helping thousands of servicemen escape occupied territories.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Rowe MBE, of Honiton, who founded The Baton charity, passed The Baton to Miss Dando and her team of remarkable women in London.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 Singing in the Valleys for Alan
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Junior Captain’s Day at Honiton Golf Club