Sweet sound of Honiton
A NEW choir has been formed in Honiton and it’s got soul.
Sweet Honi ‘n’ Soul is a community choir for the Honiton and East Devon area, specialising in contemporary arrangements of rock classics.
Honiton was selected as a base for the choir, not only because it lacked an open access community choir but also because of the strategic location of the town.
There is no other rock/pop choir in the area. The choir is led by Andy Hague, who has a wide range of experience. He directed music performance studies at Richard Huish College until 2010 and also ran the Sidmouth Gospel Choir.
He leads a variety of choirs in his home area of Axminster and Lyme Regis.
You may also want to watch:
In the 1970s and 1980s Andy worked as a rock arranger and producer.
He believes that everybody has a voice and that finding it in the context of a choir is a socially liberating and personally fulfilling experience.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby