Swimming for the lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
Axminster YFC will donate money from its Boxing Day dip to the RNLI - a thank-you for rescuing two of its members
Axminster Young Farmers’ Club is planning to give money from its Boxing Day swim to the RNLI – as a thank you for rescuing two of its members.
The pair – including skipper Dan Strawbridge - were amongst four people picked up by The Lyme Regis Lifeboat crew when their speedboat sank off Charmouth in August.
Young Farmers’ Club charity secretary Ella Wittridge said: “Dan said he was particularly keen to raise money for the lifeboat charity after being rescued, so that’s what we will do on Boxing Day.
“Anyone can join us if they are brave enough and we are hoping around 20 members will take part.
You may also want to watch:
The dip in the sea, at Seaton, will start at 11.30 am and Ella can provide more details at email@example.com
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis