Tackle vandals and litterbugs
The Glen Regeneration Group had EDDC s dogs on leads orders on their agenda at their recent meeting, as reported in the Midweek Herald.
The Glen Regeneration Group had EDDC's dogs on leads orders on their agenda at their recent meeting, as reported in the Midweek Herald.
Whilst I applaud the sterling work that they are doing, would their efforts not be better channelled in working with the police to tackle vandalism and litter which poses a much bigger risk to park users and their enjoyment? Frequently, there is broken glass and sometimes even used syringes around the benches, which are a danger to children and dogs.
Liz Tirard also wrote to urge dog owners to act responsibly with regard to fouling in Honiton. Yes, she is absolutely correct but the problem is caused my a small and inconsiderate minority. Please do not tar all dog owners with the same brush.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back