Tackle vandals and litterbugs
The Glen Regeneration Group had EDDC s dogs on leads orders on their agenda at their recent meeting, as reported in the Midweek Herald.
The Glen Regeneration Group had EDDC's dogs on leads orders on their agenda at their recent meeting, as reported in the Midweek Herald.
Whilst I applaud the sterling work that they are doing, would their efforts not be better channelled in working with the police to tackle vandalism and litter which poses a much bigger risk to park users and their enjoyment? Frequently, there is broken glass and sometimes even used syringes around the benches, which are a danger to children and dogs.
Liz Tirard also wrote to urge dog owners to act responsibly with regard to fouling in Honiton. Yes, she is absolutely correct but the problem is caused my a small and inconsiderate minority. Please do not tar all dog owners with the same brush.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter