Take up a new hobby in bell ringing
Lisa Clarke, from Combe Raleigh, has been trained to teach by the Association of Ringing Teachers and is now looking for pupils to teach.
Those interested in bell ringing are being invited to take up the art.
Trevor Hitchcock, a bell ringer from Combe Raleigh, said: “Bell ringing is a skill that can be learnt at any age, locally we have had learners from pre-teens to their seventies, age is no barrier.
“Once the basic skill has been mastered there is no limit. You will be welcomed anywhere there is a tower with ringable bells
“One of the delights of ringing is being able to go anywhere in the country and find opportunities to ring with likeminded, friendly people.
You may also want to watch:
“By learning to ring you will be starting a lifelong learning experience, maintaining a traditional skill and serving your community. People from all over the world ring tower bells. It’s a fun hobby and a challenge at the same time.
“The complexity of what you ring is up to you, there are methods for all levels of skill. The opportunities to visit other towers are limitless, so you can enjoy ringing in some lovely towns and villages, seeing the sights and enjoying a nice pub lunch on the way.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Lisa Clarke, also from Combe Raleigh, has been trained to teach by the Association of Ringing Teachers.
She is now looking for pupils to teach.
Those interested in learning the art should contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01404 43929 or 07510 566840 for more information.