Taking a byte out of computers
- Credit: Archant
Age UK Devon has teamed up with students at Honiton Community College to deliver computer sessions for older people.
The IT sessions will run during term-time at the college.
An Age UK Devon spokesman said: “We want to encourage as many older people as possible to become confident in using IT, whether using a computer or any other social device.
“We want to take the fear factor out of using the internet and for people to enjoy the benefits, for example, using comparison sites for sourcing the best deals, online shopping, keeping in touch with friends and family and much more. We are delighted to be working with the students to deliver IT sessions.
“The clients have been full of praise for the students. Along with our regular team of Age UK Devon IT volunteers, this is a great opportunity for older people to learn about IT.”
You may also want to watch:
To sign up, call Trish Warren on 08452 967810.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre