Taking a stand against domestic violence
Demonstrators in East Devon are to take part in a march against domestic violence and abuse tomorrow (Thursday).
DEMONSTRATORS in East Devon are to take a stand and join the fight against domestic violence.
The East and Mid Devon Community Safety Partnership and its domestic abuse forum will join members of the public in a short, noisy march around Exmouth’s town centre tomorrow (Thursday) to mark domestic awareness week.
The march will start from the town hall at 10am and aims to raise awareness of the issue.
According to figures two women per week in England and Wales die as a result of domestic violence and abuse and 30 men die per year.
You may also want to watch:
Stop Abuse for Everyone will also be on hand to offer advice.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall