Teenage suspect released by police after alert at Holyrood Academy, Chard
- Credit: Archant
School went into lockdown after concerns were raised about a potential intruder
A 15-year-old youth has been arrested and released under investigation after an incident which led to a school in Chard being put into lockdown.
Holyrood Academy in Zembard Lane used its lockdown procedures “as a precautionary measure” after concerns were raised about risks of an intruder intending to access the site.
The lockdown was imposed at 12.30pm on Tuesday, November 13, and was in operation for no more than 15 minutes.
The school emailed parents at 12.50pm to inform them about the lockdown and reassure them that lessons were now continuing as normal.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police confirmed that they had been called out to a disturbance in Chard at about 12.30pm. A male teenager was arrested in the Chardleigh Green area on suspicion of affray, and officers seized what appeared to be a metal bar.
You may also want to watch:
There was no incident inside the school buildings or grounds.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax