Television and dirty mattress dumped in scenic Gittisham lane
- Credit: Archant
An old mattress and television set has been dumped in a scenic road on the outskirts of Honiton.
The waste was spotted by angry villager Nick Chapman who has slammed the culprit for having no regard for people’s ‘lovely rural environment’.
He said: “Instead of driving to the recycling centre, the person has driven almost the same distance to dump their rubbish.
“Signs and fines are very well, but they won’t always influence people who essentially have no conscience, even though they clearly have the means to take stuff to be recycled, and can afford new TVs and mattresses.”
Mr Chapman came across the dumped items near Putts Corner Caravan Park - on the back road to Gittisham by Combe Estate.
You may also want to watch:
The problem of litter in Gittisham has been a sore subject for villagers.
In August, couple Chris and Moira Edwards cleared up ‘enough waste to fill a skip’ from a stretch of road.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020