Ten Tors triumph for Colyton team
- Credit: Archant
Grammar School’s is first mixed team to complete the 45-mile Dartmoor challenge
Students from Colyton Grammar School joined some 2,400 other young people from across the south west to compete in the Ten Tors Challenge on Dartmoor.
Both the 35 and 45-mile teams did extremely well, with the latter being the first mixed team to finish.
The conditions on the moor were wet and windy, with teams having to deal with bogs, high river crossings, broken tent poles and poor visibility.
Science teacher Lorna Lear, who co-ordinated the Colyton teams said: “I was most impressed by the way they all worked together so that the whole team finished looking strong, with big smiles on their faces.”
You may also want to watch:
In the 35 mile team were: Jonty Eaton Hart, Ellie Marok, Matthew Domhof, Jonny Surtees, Jacob Trevena and Frank Hartley.
In the 45 mile team were: Ellie Cole, Matt Von Lany, Rory Dyer, Kye Silver, Angus Eaton and Patrick Livingstone.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Colyton students walking with other teams were Jack Murdoch, William Daly, Joe Button (35 miles); Zoe Kuyken, Nicholas Sly, Theo Brown, Charlie Spicer, Will Bowden, Rebecca Hart, Elle Clemens, Emma Hurst, Bertie Squire, James Krasucki (45 mile); Nathan Burrough, George Clegg (55 mile).