Tesco backs town’s bid to blossom
Supermarket presents Seaton In Bloom committee with �400
SEATON’S bid to out-shine its rivals in the floral stakes this summer have been backed by the town’s new Tesco store.
The Harbour Road supermarket has presented the resort’s In Bloom committee with a cheque for �400
Chairman Val Christmas, along with other committee members and town council representatives, went along to receive the cheque from the store’s services manager, Jackie Gay.
Due to be judged in June and July, the Seaton entry in the South West in Bloom competition has already gained support from many other local businesses and clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Christmas said she was delighted with the response so far but stressed she still wanted to hear from anyone else who would like to give financial or physical help.
She said: “The purpose of the project is to enhance the appearance of the town with flower arrangements and displays.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Runner-up spot for Honiton team
“It also promotes community spirit, bringing people together with a shared goal.
“The final details are yet to be confirmed but we are hoping to use the additional money from Tesco to decorate the new public realm area near their store and areas along the Harbour Road.”
Jackie Gay said: “The Seaton in Bloom competition will enhance the look of the town throughout the summer and we are delighted to be able to support the committee this year.”
Anyone who would like more information about the project or is able to assist in any way should contact Val Christmas on 01297 20501, the town council on 01297 21388 or e mail email@example.com