Tesco customers help feed the needy
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched by Tesco to collect food items and distribute them to food banks around the country.
Customers of Honiton Tesco have donated food to help people in need.
The appeal is part of a nationwide initiative by Tesco to collect food items and distribute them to food banks around the country.
Louisa Littlewood, community champion for Honiton Tesco, said: “Tesco as a company does two collections a year providing over 1,700 meals for people.
“We aim to have raised 2,000 meals as we donated 70 full boxes.
You may also want to watch:
“The food gets sent back to the warehouse, counted and distributed nationwide.”
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 10 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness