Tesco customers help feed the needy
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched by Tesco to collect food items and distribute them to food banks around the country.
Customers of Honiton Tesco have donated food to help people in need.
The appeal is part of a nationwide initiative by Tesco to collect food items and distribute them to food banks around the country.
Louisa Littlewood, community champion for Honiton Tesco, said: “Tesco as a company does two collections a year providing over 1,700 meals for people.
“We aim to have raised 2,000 meals as we donated 70 full boxes.
You may also want to watch:
“The food gets sent back to the warehouse, counted and distributed nationwide.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone