Tesco in Honiton evacuated
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Honiton attend.
The Midweek Herald has received reports that Tesco in Honiton has been evacuated.
A witness at the scene said that customers were evacuated from the store this afternoon (Friday) and that police and firefighters were at the scene.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said there was no fire and that it was false alarm. He said steam had caused the fire alarm to go off.
One fire appliance from Honiton attended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Tesco said: “The fire service was called to our store in Honiton today after the alarm was triggered by steam from a tap.
“Customers and colleagues were able to go back into the store within 30 minutes.”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief