Tesco staff saddle up for a lunar challenge
Stores across East Devon take part in a cycle ride to the moon
Tesco staff in Seaton took on a cycling challenge that was out of this world to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
As part of the country-wide fund-raiser, Reach for the Moon, the supermarket’s staff took it in turns to use the exercise bike to complete a journey to the moon.
The store in Seaton also took part in a exercise bike cycle challenge to celebrate the jubilee and dressed up as royalty or in red, white and blue to cycle to Buckingham Palace.
Community champion Rhoda Snell said: “We would like to thank all our customers who supported us with their donations over the two events.”
You may also want to watch:
The two events raised over �900 for the cancer charity which is Tesco’s charity of the year.
Stores across the district took part in the charity challenge.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 School embraces reading challenge