Test of endurance for slot racers
Honiton team taking part in Battle of the Manufacturers at UK Slot Festival.
A team of eight slot racers from Honiton will be taking part in the annual Battle of the Manufacturers race at the UK Slot Festival, being held at the Heritage Motor Museum, in Warwickshire.
The race, on May 20, is a four-hour test of endurance, with competitors taking part from all over the globe.
The East Devon team will be representing Spanish manufacturer Scale Auto, and the car used will be a Radical SR9.
Other manufacturers competing include Scalextric, Ninco, Slot-It and NSR.
You may also want to watch:
The team has been practising hard on the club’s bespoke five lane wooden circuit and also on a specially constructed Scalextric-type track, similar to the circuit which will be used on the day.
The East Devon Slot Racing Club meets each Friday from 7pm in the St John Hall, Haydons Park, Honiton, and isalways pleased to welcome new members.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
For more information, visit website www.edsrc.co.uk or call Scott Layzell on 07540 746123.