Test of endurance for slot racers
Honiton team taking part in Battle of the Manufacturers at UK Slot Festival.
A team of eight slot racers from Honiton will be taking part in the annual Battle of the Manufacturers race at the UK Slot Festival, being held at the Heritage Motor Museum, in Warwickshire.
The race, on May 20, is a four-hour test of endurance, with competitors taking part from all over the globe.
The East Devon team will be representing Spanish manufacturer Scale Auto, and the car used will be a Radical SR9.
Other manufacturers competing include Scalextric, Ninco, Slot-It and NSR.
You may also want to watch:
The team has been practising hard on the club’s bespoke five lane wooden circuit and also on a specially constructed Scalextric-type track, similar to the circuit which will be used on the day.
The East Devon Slot Racing Club meets each Friday from 7pm in the St John Hall, Haydons Park, Honiton, and isalways pleased to welcome new members.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
For more information, visit website www.edsrc.co.uk or call Scott Layzell on 07540 746123.