Thank you, Honiton
Army Benevolent Fund - The Soldiers’ Charity - grateful for donations received during Tesco collection.
Collections at Tesco in Honiton raised �853.50 in one weekend for the Army Benevolent Fund, commonly known as The Soldiers’ Charity.
The charity is keen to thank those who generously supported the fund-raising drive.
A spokesman said: “These collections took place through the Tesco Charity Trust and outside all Tesco supermarkets throughout the United Kingdom.
“Last year, Tesco organised the whole thing themselves and raised in excess of �440,000.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks go, obviously, to Tesco and the volunteer collectors, who came from Sidmouth, Honiton, Ottery St Mary, Upton, Feniton, Colestocks and Weston.”
The Soldiers’ Charity provides support to serving and retired soldiers and their families. It needs to raise �7m a year to keep up its good work.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK