That 70s Band woos crowds at Axmouth
Big crowds flock to Axmouth Village Flower Show
THE 68th Axmouth Village Flower Show is thought to have attracted a record number of visitors.
More than 700 entries were received for the flower and produce classes.
Organisers said: “It was a brilliant day - absolutely fantastic. It was very, very busy and we may have had a record crowd.”
Entertainment was provided by Chard Goldstars majorettes and the Rockwood Dog Display Team.
A highlight was Space Hopper races. Adults hopped across the finish line wearing fancy dress.
Evening entertainment has been hailed a fantastic success by those who attended. The headline act was The Bogtrotters, but local support band That 70s Band are receiving rave reviews.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 5 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 9 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
Village groups will benefit from profits.