Thatched property fire

PUBLISHED: 09:17 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 10:04 10 April 2012



Incident involving a wood burning stove.

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire near Wilmington last night (Monday).

Two appliances from Honiton were mobilised to the incident on the A35, at 7.03pm, involving a thatched property.

An aerial platform was requested from Danes Castle in Exeter.

Crews used a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire, which involved a wood burning stove.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald