The bubbly’s in the fridge, Vanessa!
Web poll: EastEnders character loses the plot. Do you sympathise?
EastEnders character Vanessa Gold stabbed at a photo frame like a scene from The Shining last night.
In a classic episode of the BBC soap, she lost the plot after discovering partner Max’s affair with ex-wife Tanya.
Already distraught, she was tipped over the edge during a visit to Max’s love nest - when she unravelled a scrunched up note left for Tanya.
Max had written: “The bubbly’s in the fridge.”
Dwelling on those words later, the normally immaculately-styled and ultra house proud Vanessa repeated them in psycho mode before trashing the house.
The curtains went first, followed by everything else in her path.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 8 'A new era, and a new beginning for Honiton Town Council'
- 9 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
“Calm down, Vanessa! He’s only a man,” countless viewers must have thought.
But would you have reacted in the same way?
Take part in our web poll.
Photo courtesy of the BBC.