The Cherry Orchard to be staged at Smeatharpe stadium
- Credit: Kirstin Prisk Photography Ltd
Tickets are available at The Beehive, Honiton, to see The Miracle Theatre’s production of ‘The Cherry Orchard and comedian Alun Cochrane.
The Beehive is backing The Miracle Theatre production of ‘The Cherry Orchard’, which is being staged on Friday, June 22, at Smeatharpe stadium.
Miracle unpacks Chekhov’s bittersweet comedy about a once-wealthy family, who are deaf to the rumblings of change which surrounds them, and unable to accept help when they need it.
Bill Scott’s new adaptation brings out all the humour and pathos of Chekhov’s masterpiece.
Tickets: from the Beehive before the show. Cash only on the day at the gate.
You may also want to watch:
Also at The Beehive, top stand-up comedian Alun Cochrane, is appearing on Saturday, June 23, at 8pm.
Alun is known for his acute observational comedy. He’s an award-winning stand-up comedian and has appeared on numerous TV shows including Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, Mock The Week and Have I Got News For You.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
Alun is a master at observational comedy, an expert in storytelling and uniquely able to gather material from anywhere he wanders in mind or body.