The friendly faces of local policing
Honiton’s neighbourhood policing team welcome new acting sergeant to the team.
“No problem is too big or small” for Honiton’s neighbourhood policing team.
The team has under gone a few changes with the return of neighbourhood beat manager, PC Gemma Siszcuk, and the arrival of Acting Sergeant Anthony Shayler.
PC Siszcuk, who grew up in the New Forest, Hampshire, has been a police officer for nearly seven years and started her career as a response officer in Honiton before becoming the town’s beat manager in March 2010.
The 27-year-old returns to the post after the birth of her second child.
PC Siszcuk said: “Our main responsibilities are looking after the people of Honiton, be that dealing with neighbourhood disputes, anti-social behaviour, reckless driving around Honiton and speed detection.
“We look out for vulnerable members of the community and work in partnership with social services and local councils.”
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 7 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
She added: “I am always approachable no matter what the issue is. Honiton is nice place to live and I enjoy working here and would like to continue working here.”
PC Siszcuk has been joined by Acting Sergeant Anthony Shayler who will be temporarily taking up the post in place of Sergeant Martin Burrow.
Sergeant Shayler has been in the police force for 16 years as a response officer and sergeant in Exeter and across East Devon.
He said: “I am looking forward to the challenge. We have got a great team in Honiton and they all work very well.”
The 40-year-old is no stranger to the area as he was born in Exeter and raised in East Devon.
In his spare time he enjoys running and is a red belt in taekwondo.
He added: “We are easily contactable; don’t be afraid to contact us. No problem is too big or small.”
The neighbourhood policing team can be contacted on the non-emergency number 101 or by emailing Honiton@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk. Alternatively, members of the public can visit the police station.