The Herald Sharks prepare to make a splash
Reporters get into the swim of fundraising for worthy cause.
EDITORIAL staff from Archant South West, which owns the Midweek Herald, are to make a splash for charity.
The Herald Sharks, comprising Belinda Bennett, Diana Bowerman, Ellen Cook, Stefan Gordon, Katy Griffin and Kingsley Squire, aim to swim as many lengths of Sidmouth Swimming Pool as possible - to raise money for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group.
The group’s minibus appeal is this year’s Sidmouth Herald campaign.
Swimmers will take to the water at the end of next month and are keen to attract sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the team, visit Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Monday or Friday mornings, or Honiton Tourist Information Centre on Wednesday or Thursday.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 8 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 9 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington