The Jake Leg Jug Band add their own twist in Dalwood
- Credit: Archant
Organisers say the next band that is lined up for Tuckers Jazz Club is something a bit different this month.
The Jake Leg Jug Band will be travelling all the way from Stoke on Trent to the Tuckers Arms in Dalwood.
The group brings the authentic sounds of 1920s and 1930s America, including jazz, blues, gospel and ragtime, and put their own twist on it, with songs of murder, betrayal, gambling, liquor and redemption.
The line up of The Jake Leg Jug Band is Duncan Wilcox on vocals and double bass), Bryony Rose on vocals and washboard, Neil Hulse on vocals and guitar), Toby Wilson on vocals, banjo and dobro), and Liam Ward on vocals, harmonica and jug
Organiser Tina Mackenney said: 'I'm sure you'll love them! - loads of energy and very entertaining.'
You may also want to watch:
The Jake Leg Jug Band will be performing at The Tuckers Jazz Club, in Dalwood, on Saturday, March 21, at 8pm
Tickets cost £10 and for more information, visit www.dalwoodvillage.co.uk or call 01404 831280 or 07999 553477.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax