The Joe Gilson Mobility Scheme: Appeal for mobility scooter
THE Midweek Herald needs your help to, in turn, help somebody else. Last year, we launched the Joe Gilson Mobility Aid Scheme in conjunction with Mr Gilson s widow, Carol.
THE Midweek Herald needs your help to, in turn, help somebody else.
Last year, we launched the Joe Gilson Mobility Aid Scheme in conjunction with Mr Gilson's widow, Carol.
Applications have flooded in nominating potential recipients of the third mobility scooter offered through the scheme.
However, we have two deserving candidates.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to be able to give both a scooter.
Can you help?
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into the Abbeyfield home in Honiton.
Could you donate a scooter?
It must be in full working order.
If you can help, please call Herald editor Belinda Bennett on (01392) 888488 or (01404) 46472.