The Joe Gilson Mobility Scheme: Appeal for mobility scooter
THE Midweek Herald needs your help to, in turn, help somebody else. Last year, we launched the Joe Gilson Mobility Aid Scheme in conjunction with Mr Gilson s widow, Carol.
THE Midweek Herald needs your help to, in turn, help somebody else.
Last year, we launched the Joe Gilson Mobility Aid Scheme in conjunction with Mr Gilson's widow, Carol.
Applications have flooded in nominating potential recipients of the third mobility scooter offered through the scheme.
However, we have two deserving candidates.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to be able to give both a scooter.
Can you help?
- 1 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 2 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 3 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 4 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 7 Council takes pride in flag outside headquarters
- 8 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 9 Gallery initiatives invite us to talk about climate through outstanding art
- 10 Summer progress at Exeter City
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into the Abbeyfield home in Honiton.
Could you donate a scooter?
It must be in full working order.
If you can help, please call Herald editor Belinda Bennett on (01392) 888488 or (01404) 46472.