The Joe Gilson Mobility Scheme: Appeal for mobility scooter
THE Midweek Herald needs your help to, in turn, help somebody else. Last year, we launched the Joe Gilson Mobility Aid Scheme in conjunction with Mr Gilson s widow, Carol.
THE Midweek Herald needs your help to, in turn, help somebody else.
Last year, we launched the Joe Gilson Mobility Aid Scheme in conjunction with Mr Gilson's widow, Carol.
Applications have flooded in nominating potential recipients of the third mobility scooter offered through the scheme.
However, we have two deserving candidates.
We would like to be able to give both a scooter.
Can you help?
- 1 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 2 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 3 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 4 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 7 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into the Abbeyfield home in Honiton.
Could you donate a scooter?
It must be in full working order.
If you can help, please call Herald editor Belinda Bennett on (01392) 888488 or (01404) 46472.