The loophole needs closing
RE: Seaton mayor hits back at independent body claims Its funny that now our mayor, Sandra Semple, has been asked to resign from the Regeneration board, she s decided that the board is involved in no more than rubber stamping and window dressing . If
RE: Seaton mayor hits back at 'independent body' claims
Its funny that now our mayor, Sandra Semple, has been asked to resign from the Regeneration board, she's decided that the board is involved in no more than "rubber stamping and window dressing".
If she felt this way, why did she agree to sit on it in the first place? It seems to me 'sour grapes' to condemn a group that, up to this week, she was fully involved with.
Is it more that Mrs Semple likes to do things her way and how dare anyone tell her differently?
You may also want to watch:
Whatever your thoughts on our mayor's action, this publicity can only bring more disrepute to our council, and ultimately our town.
To claim she was acting as a member of the public not as the mayor or councillor, is a cop out.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Farmer who killed biker in crash gets his licence back
- 3 Tractor and trailer overturn on A30 blocking one lane - traffic queuing
- 4 East Devon child abuser Graeme Ellis jailed for eight years
- 5 Excitement grows as countdown to Charter Day begins
- 6 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 7 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 8 Major accolade for driving school
- 9 Nick's cider adventure gets off to a golden start
- 10 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
That is one loophole that needs closing. Your views are your views, whatever 'hat' you're wearing.
I am writing this as a member of the public, not a Seaton trader.
I hope you can now see how ridiculous that statement is!