The loophole needs closing
RE: Seaton mayor hits back at independent body claims Its funny that now our mayor, Sandra Semple, has been asked to resign from the Regeneration board, she s decided that the board is involved in no more than rubber stamping and window dressing . If
RE: Seaton mayor hits back at 'independent body' claims
Its funny that now our mayor, Sandra Semple, has been asked to resign from the Regeneration board, she's decided that the board is involved in no more than "rubber stamping and window dressing".
If she felt this way, why did she agree to sit on it in the first place? It seems to me 'sour grapes' to condemn a group that, up to this week, she was fully involved with.
Is it more that Mrs Semple likes to do things her way and how dare anyone tell her differently?
You may also want to watch:
Whatever your thoughts on our mayor's action, this publicity can only bring more disrepute to our council, and ultimately our town.
To claim she was acting as a member of the public not as the mayor or councillor, is a cop out.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
That is one loophole that needs closing. Your views are your views, whatever 'hat' you're wearing.
I am writing this as a member of the public, not a Seaton trader.
I hope you can now see how ridiculous that statement is!