The loophole needs closing
RE: Seaton mayor hits back at independent body claims Its funny that now our mayor, Sandra Semple, has been asked to resign from the Regeneration board, she s decided that the board is involved in no more than rubber stamping and window dressing . If
RE: Seaton mayor hits back at 'independent body' claims
Its funny that now our mayor, Sandra Semple, has been asked to resign from the Regeneration board, she's decided that the board is involved in no more than "rubber stamping and window dressing".
If she felt this way, why did she agree to sit on it in the first place? It seems to me 'sour grapes' to condemn a group that, up to this week, she was fully involved with.
Is it more that Mrs Semple likes to do things her way and how dare anyone tell her differently?
Whatever your thoughts on our mayor's action, this publicity can only bring more disrepute to our council, and ultimately our town.
To claim she was acting as a member of the public not as the mayor or councillor, is a cop out.
- 1 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 2 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 3 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 4 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 7 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 10 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
That is one loophole that needs closing. Your views are your views, whatever 'hat' you're wearing.
I am writing this as a member of the public, not a Seaton trader.
I hope you can now see how ridiculous that statement is!