The new ice age
Icicles hanging from homes in East Devon
AFTER the snow came ice. And, for some, the problem isn’t just underfoot.
Enormous icicles have formed on some homes in Feniton, near Honiton, posing another danger as a thaw approaches.
The icicles pictured here were photographed by Feniton resident Jan Devereese.
Similar icicles have formed on homes in neighbouring Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, fears that melting snow could fall from roof tops in High Street, posing a danger to shoppers, have prompted warning signs to be put up on New Street Corner.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 4 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK