The new ice age
Icicles hanging from homes in East Devon
AFTER the snow came ice. And, for some, the problem isn’t just underfoot.
Enormous icicles have formed on some homes in Feniton, near Honiton, posing another danger as a thaw approaches.
The icicles pictured here were photographed by Feniton resident Jan Devereese.
Similar icicles have formed on homes in neighbouring Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, fears that melting snow could fall from roof tops in High Street, posing a danger to shoppers, have prompted warning signs to be put up on New Street Corner.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 7 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 8 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 9 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 10 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain