The search is on for East Devon’s Healthcare Hero
Midweek Herald teams up with the NHS to launch the 2012 Healthcare Hero Awards.
The Midweek Herald has joined forces with the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust to launch the Healthcare Hero Awards for 2012.
The campaign gives the public a chance to honour and recognise those staff in East Devon who go above and beyond the call of duty.
Jac Kelly, chief executive of the trust, said: “These awards offer a great opportunity to highlight the excellent, unsung work that takes place, whether in hospital, in a health centre or when trust staff visit people in their own home.
“Our staff do this job because they care passionately about our patients’ health and well-being.
You may also want to watch:
“Quite often they don’t realise they have done anything out of the ordinary as it is an everyday occurrence.
“However, we know from the letters and e-mails we receive that the impact our staff have on the lives and emotions of patients and their families is truly humbling.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
“The way in which our staff support families in difficult times, extend the hand of kindness and compassion to patients when the news isn’t good and maintain cheerful encouragement to keep at the rehab exercises following an operation are all skills we know patients are grateful for in their time of need.”
The public are being asked to e-mail or write to the Herald with their stories of how our staff have provided exceptional care and support to them and their families.
All Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust staff are eligible for nomination. These include nurses, doctors, healthcare assistants, therapists and support staff such as cleaners and porters.
The Herald is set to feature the nominations over the next few months and present East Devon’s finest with their awards at the end of the summer.
To nominate someone, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Editor, Midweek Herald, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton EX5 2UL.