Third time lucky for Alex?
Honiton cyclist Alex Madge hopes to finally complete her goal of completing a bike ride for the British Heart Foundation.
A Honiton cyclist is hoping it will be a case of third time lucky after her plans to complete a bike ride for charity were thwarted by injury troubles and bad weather.
Alex Madge is due to complete a 50-mile cycle ride along the Somerset Levels in aid of the British Heart Foundation on Sunday (July 1).
The 22-year-old had originally intended to complete a bike ride in Dorset but disaster struck just 11 days before the event was due to take place in April when she suffered a dislocated knee - forcing her to pull out.
Still determined to complete her challenge Alex signed up to a bike ride in Glastonbury on June 10.
However, her second attempt fell by the wayside when the event was cancelled due to bad weather.
Now, she is hoping this time will be ‘third time lucky’.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 7 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
“I am looking forward to it - I can’t wait to get on with it,” says Alex. “There is always a good atmosphere on the day.”
She added: “For me the British Heart Foundation is a really good charity.
“They provide advice with simple things everyone can do to change their lifestyles and help reduce the risk of heart disease.”
Alex hopes to raise at least �250 for the British Heart Foundation.
Anyone wishing to donate can visit www.justgiving.com/lexi04