Third time lucky for cyclist Alex
A Honiton fund-raiser finally completes are charity challenge after a few setbacks along the way.
It proved to be third time lucky for a Honiton fund-raiser who was finally able to complete her cycling challenge. Alex Madge completed a 50-mile cycle ride along the Somerset Levels earlier this month to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
However, it hasn’t been smooth sailing for the 22-year-old who had her other two attempts at completing her charity bike thwarted.
She had intended to take part in a cycle ride in Dorset but was forced to pull out just 11 days before the event after she dislocated her knee, while her second attempt in Glastonbury was cancelled due to bad weather.
“It was definitely third time lucky. I completed the 50 miles in four hours and 20 minutes, including breaks,” says Alex.
“I was really, really pleased. I had been hoping to do it in under four hours, but I think including breaks that was a pretty good time.”
So far she has raised �160. Anyone wishing to donate can visit www.justgiving.com/lexi04
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon