Third time lucky for cyclist Alex
A Honiton fund-raiser finally completes are charity challenge after a few setbacks along the way.
It proved to be third time lucky for a Honiton fund-raiser who was finally able to complete her cycling challenge. Alex Madge completed a 50-mile cycle ride along the Somerset Levels earlier this month to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
However, it hasn’t been smooth sailing for the 22-year-old who had her other two attempts at completing her charity bike thwarted.
She had intended to take part in a cycle ride in Dorset but was forced to pull out just 11 days before the event after she dislocated her knee, while her second attempt in Glastonbury was cancelled due to bad weather.
“It was definitely third time lucky. I completed the 50 miles in four hours and 20 minutes, including breaks,” says Alex.
You may also want to watch:
“I was really, really pleased. I had been hoping to do it in under four hours, but I think including breaks that was a pretty good time.”
So far she has raised �160. Anyone wishing to donate can visit www.justgiving.com/lexi04
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery