This is the date The Honiton Toy Shop will close for the final time
- Credit: Archant
The final trading day for Honiton’s popular toy shop has been announced.
The Honiton Toy Shop will officially close its doors for the final time on Tuesday, July 31.
Announcing the news on social media, the company said: “We thank you all for the memories you have given us.
“Although we are sad to be closing, we are very proud of our little family business.
“Please do continue to come to us until we close, there are still bargains to be had and smiles to share.”
You may also want to watch:
Honiton’s toy shop has been a staple on High Street for more than 30 years.
However, owner Pam Beckett said the increasing popularity of online shopping had made her business no longer viable.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Previously speaking to the Herald, she said: “We have actively been trying to increase trade in the last year, but it is more and more difficult to compete with online sellers.
“We sat down as a family and said if we continue trading, will it be a viable business?
“We took the decision as a family to go out on a high.”