Thought for the week
God knows about pain.
In the job I’m in I meet lots of people in pain.
Emotional, spiritual, physical – the pain is very real and people ask, quite understandably: “Where is God in all of this?”
Good Friday, which is this Friday, is where we see God in the middle of the pain of the world.
God knows about pain - not in a “there, there, it will all be OK” kind of way or an “oh dear, I feel for you” kind of way.
Good Friday shows us that God knows in a ‘whipped until you bleed nailed-through hands and feet’ kind of way.
It was real, Jesus felt it.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 6 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
Good Friday is the day when the Church remembers God’s pain.
we look forward to the celebration of Easter and the new life of the resurrection, but, before that, we see the God-made-man who suffered, died and who understands pain.
May you know God with you whatever you are going through.