Thought for the week
New life that comes from Christ is meant to be explosive.
There’s a prayer we use for our Communion services that is always a favourite of mine at Easter time – it is called Eucharistic Prayer F and it contains this line: “We proclaim the death that he (Jesus) suffered on the cross, we celebrate his resurrection, his bursting from the tomb.”
I love that image – when Jesus rose to life, it wasn’t just like getting up after a long sleep, it was an earth shattering, world changing event.
The new life that comes from Christ is meant to be explosive, exciting and life giving.
That’s what we celebrate at Easter, that’s why a Christian is a Christian – a person who shares in the resurrection life of Jesus, a human being fully alive.
You may also want to watch:
That life should spill over in lives of generosity, love, forgiveness, hope, joy and faith.
May the life of Jesus be yours this Easter-time. Happy Easter!
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding