Thought for the Week
All that “Father, Son and Holy Spiggot” stuff I wrote last week has got me thinking even more about how we talk about God in church.
It can all be very confusing.
Some people prefer “Creator, Redeemer, Companion” in trying to talk about the God we describe as “The Holy Trinity”.
Many churches will be preaching on this theme this week on “Trinity Sunday” (which is also Father’s Day, but ironically we won’t be talking about God as “Father” without adding on “Son and Holy Spirit”).
You may also want to watch:
Trinity Sunday reminds me that no matter how hard we try to put God in a ‘spiritual box’, He (or She, according to many bits of the Bible) won’t fit; our words aren’t big enough to contain a God who is beyond our understanding.
For now, though, we use the best words we can as God helps us to understand more of Him.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington