Thought for the Week
All that “Father, Son and Holy Spiggot” stuff I wrote last week has got me thinking even more about how we talk about God in church.
It can all be very confusing.
Some people prefer “Creator, Redeemer, Companion” in trying to talk about the God we describe as “The Holy Trinity”.
Many churches will be preaching on this theme this week on “Trinity Sunday” (which is also Father’s Day, but ironically we won’t be talking about God as “Father” without adding on “Son and Holy Spirit”).
You may also want to watch:
Trinity Sunday reminds me that no matter how hard we try to put God in a ‘spiritual box’, He (or She, according to many bits of the Bible) won’t fit; our words aren’t big enough to contain a God who is beyond our understanding.
For now, though, we use the best words we can as God helps us to understand more of Him.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis