Thought for the Week
Become a child.
When I was younger, every moment was an adventure.
Looking back, I can remember (vaguely) how playing in the woods at Offwell, or in the Glen in Honiton, was the source of hours of wonder and joy.
As a (sort of) grown up, lots of that wonder, the way friendships were made easily and trust given freely has faded.
It’s partly the loss of innocence that comes with adulthood, partly just learning more about the world.
You may also want to watch:
Jesus said “Unless you become like a little child you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven” - by which, I think he meant that we should have not just an intellectual, stuffy, head based faith but a faith filled with wonder, a trusting, awe-filled approach to the God who loves us like a perfect father or mother.
When it comes to faith we need to learn the innocence and love of being children again.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism