Thought for the week
Take the time to look around you...
I’ve done a lot of walking lately.
This isn’t an attempt to get sympathy or congratulations, nor a New Year’s Resolution; simply spending time walking around these East Devon/West Dorset hills and beaches has been a joy.
It’s meant I’ve seen my own ‘patch’ of parishes from a different perspective, too.
Walking from Kilmington towards Whitford last week, as I reached Cranberries, the last buildings on the hill, the view of the Axe Valley opened up and I had one of those times where the beauty of the moment was overwhelming.
You may also want to watch:
I see that view when I drive by frequently, but, because I took time to look in a different way, I was rewarded by a special moment.
If we all stopped a little more, and looked for the beauty, joy and the God all around us, perhaps we could have more days, weeks and lives filled with such moments!
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme