Police investigate alleged firearms incident near Axminster
- Credit: Archant
An allegation that a group of people were threatened with a suspected firearm in the Axminster area is being investigated by police.
Officers were called to a rural address in Kilmington following reports of a disturbance at around 7.30pm on Tuesday, June 23.
Armed police and the National Police Air Service (NPAS) helicopter then carried out a search of the Axminster area.
The police said a 35-year-old man from Charmouth was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, and dangerous driving.
They also said two men aged 42 and 18 from the Axminster area were arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
You may also want to watch:
All three suspects have been released on police bail until Wednesday, July 23, while enquiries continue.
An agricultural vehicle, which had been reported as stolen, was recovered during the operation.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 9 Devon and Exeter League Results
- 10 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or email email@example.com, quoting crime reference number CR/050164/20, or contact Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555111, or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org