Three trapped in Honiton lift cage
Firefighters to the rescue.
THREE people were rescued from a lift cage in Honiton after becoming stuck.
Two fire crews, from Honiton and Ottery St Mary, were mobilised to release them from the lift, at premises in Dowell Street.
The drama unfolded at around 6.54pm on Tuesday.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Three persons were released from the lift cage uninjured by fire service personnel.
You may also want to watch:
“The lift was made safe before we left the incident.”
- 1 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 2 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 3 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 4 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 7 Life-saving first aid service will run until end of summer
- 8 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 9 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 10 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development