Three treated after Axminster Carpets blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire broke out in the underlay plant causing 40 per cent damage to the property
Three people needed medical treatment after today’s fire at Axminster Carpets (Tuesday August 19).
Emergency services were called to the factory this morning.
Three fire appliances from Axminster, Colyton and Charmouth were immediately mobilised as well as a hydraulic platform.
On arrival of the first appliance, from Axminster, the officer in charge requested this was a five fire appliance incident. Additional resources were mobilised from Chard and Lyme Regis.
You may also want to watch:
Six Breathing apparatus are currently were used to aid fire fighting, using three hose reel jets to tackle the fire.
Three adult casualties were taken to hospital by on-site personnel as they had suffered burns. Their condition is not thought to be serious.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
The fire was in the underlay plant on the ground floor of the factory measuring approximately 40m x 10m.
After putting out the blaze crews ventilated the property using a positive pressure fan.
The property was approximately 40 per cent damaged by fire.
These are the full and final details.