TIC closure mourned
As a result of the closure of Seaton Tourist Information Centre building and the relocation of the service to the tramway window facility, local accommodation providers, concerned for their businesses and tourism in the town, have formed a new group, Seaton Bay Property Providers.
As a result of the closure of Seaton Tourist Information Centre building and the relocation of the service to the tramway window facility, local accommodation providers, concerned for their businesses and tourism in the town, have formed a new group, Seaton Bay Accommodation Providers.
The aim of the group is to encourage visitors to stay in Seaton, and to support each other during this uncertain time. Accommodation providers present at a recent meeting wanted, firstly, to acknowledge the work, expertise and knowledge of the TIC staff recently made redundant by Seaton Town Council. It is felt that, without the welcome they gave to visitors and locals alike, their local knowledge and the services they provided, tourism in Seaton will undoubtedly suffer.
We, as a collective group, want to say, publicly, that we are very sorry that Seaton Town Council took the decision to relocate the TIC, cut local services and make the staff redundant.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Karen Chipperfield, Rosemary Hewson, Terry Potter, Corinne Spicer, Sharon Howe, Ann Newton and Julie Richens for their great work over the years. You will be missed.
You may also want to watch:
Accommodation prov-iders interested in joining Seaton Bay Accommodation Providers, please get in touch.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 8 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster
Seaton Bay Accommodation Providers