TIC closure mourned
As a result of the closure of Seaton Tourist Information Centre building and the relocation of the service to the tramway window facility, local accommodation providers, concerned for their businesses and tourism in the town, have formed a new group, Seaton Bay Property Providers.
As a result of the closure of Seaton Tourist Information Centre building and the relocation of the service to the tramway window facility, local accommodation providers, concerned for their businesses and tourism in the town, have formed a new group, Seaton Bay Accommodation Providers.
The aim of the group is to encourage visitors to stay in Seaton, and to support each other during this uncertain time. Accommodation providers present at a recent meeting wanted, firstly, to acknowledge the work, expertise and knowledge of the TIC staff recently made redundant by Seaton Town Council. It is felt that, without the welcome they gave to visitors and locals alike, their local knowledge and the services they provided, tourism in Seaton will undoubtedly suffer.
We, as a collective group, want to say, publicly, that we are very sorry that Seaton Town Council took the decision to relocate the TIC, cut local services and make the staff redundant.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Karen Chipperfield, Rosemary Hewson, Terry Potter, Corinne Spicer, Sharon Howe, Ann Newton and Julie Richens for their great work over the years. You will be missed.
You may also want to watch:
Accommodation prov-iders interested in joining Seaton Bay Accommodation Providers, please get in touch.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Seaton Bay Accommodation Providers