Time for action over dog mess
It seems one cannot pick up our local paper these days without reading complaints about dog fouling.
It is obvious that the problem is getting worse, and that there are not enough dog wardens to combat this terrible problem.
Therefore, I suggest that people should pick up the gauntlet and write to their members of parliament urging the government to reintroduce the dog licence fee.
If the licence charge was fixed at between �100 and �250 a year per dog, the revenue could be spent on engaging more wardens which would go a long way towards ridding our environment of such foul deposits.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style