Time for tourism industry to shine
Entries invited for this year’s Devon Tourism Awards
Businesses in Devon are reminded that they have until the end of June to enter the Devon Tourism Awards.
The awards scheme aims to showcase the best Devon has to offer, giving tourism businesses the chance to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for their contribution to the industry.
New for 2011, are the awards for the Business Tourism category, open to event and exhibition venues, convention hotels and much more.
Rosie bates, general manager of Visit Devon,said: “Tourism is worth �2billion per year to the Devon economy and it is essential that the importance of the industry is recognised.”
You may also want to watch:
Businesses can enter the competition by visiting www.devontourismawards.org.uk. The closing date for entries is Thursday, June 30.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Runner-up spot for Honiton team